Wednesday, February 29, 2012

chain stitch as a filling stitch: two variations

Chain stitch can be used as an outline stitch and as a filling stitch..it is very easy to do and it is a very beautiful stitch....

You can see how to do chain stitch as a filling stitch in this site.  I saw a wonderful variation of chain stitch used as a filling stitch in deepa's blog. I tried that one....

Upper side of leaf is filled with normal chain stitch and the lower side is filled with interlaced chain stitch or honeycomb chain stitch. Both are good for filling and both technique gives different appearance. Thanks Deepa for teaching a new filling technique with a familiar beautiful stitch....

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully stitched. Maybe a vertical pic may make the difference clearer.What is this leaf part of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deepa, actually this is not a part of anything...i just wanted to practice that stitch and did it on a leaf...

      Delete
  2. Very nice Nancie. I am also learning chikankari from Anita's blog. I tried the chain stitch but not sure whether I got it right. Can you pleassssse add the pictures to show how did you do this work of yours? I did not know there are 2 types of chain stitch. Please add the picture based tutorials. I am really looking forward to it. If you do that, please update on stitchmap.

    Sultana

    ReplyDelete