Saturday, February 11, 2012

saree

Do you know which is the most difficult part in embroidery??? it is transferring the design on to the fabric..atleast for me...i hate that part...and it makes me crazy when i have to trace the designs on to a longer material like 5.6m saree....usually i trace the designs.....

Do you have any suggestions to trace the difficult small designs???

see the perfect diamond squares...dont know when i will start tracing this design....


I am planning to do running stitch to the three lines ...first and the third using yellow and the middle one using grey..then i will fill the diamonds using grey....the saree is dark maroon...
the saree is more darker than it appears on the photo....

6 comments:

  1. Hai Nancie...
    Sorry for the late reply.. I will post more tutorials on Kutchwork soon. Planning to upload some designs too.
    Those will be available in my blog's kutchwork page. http://jishamadhu.blogspot.com/p/kutch-work.html
    Jisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ur reply jisha....waiting for ur tutorials....

      Delete
  2. same here nancie, i too hate tracing, it s too tedious, some other tracing techniques like iron on r there i thnk, lets do the research for an easy tracing technique together.
    btw, ur works r interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raji...if u find any easy technique ..plss let me know...thanks for visiting my blog...

      Delete
  3. Hi Nancie
    Just read this post.I use pinhole tracing methods for tracing designs.My mother used to do this in large scale for many designs.I learnt from her.
    For more kutchwork tutorials do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancie
    Just read this post.I use pinhole tracing methods for tracing designs.My mother used to do this in large scale for many designs.I learnt from her.
    For more kutchwork tutorials do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete